Saturday, August 11, 2007

Vice, Virtue

Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of
too much *life*. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then
you're bound to live life fully.

This is a quote from Maude, a character in the movie Harold and Maude.  Ruth Gordon played her in 1971.  I was recently reminded of how much I enjoy this movie.  A previous love introduced me to this movie and I'm grateful.  Maude has many quips to share on just how precious life is and what a waste it is to let it slip through our fingers. 

I've been so fortunate in my adult life - I've seen so much, done even more - I've experienced life with all my senses just as Maude would say I should.  I guess that's part of why I fight for justice, I want everyone to have the opportunity to be a daisy, unique in a field of daisies.  If only everyone cherished life like Maude.

Cat Stevens did the sound track for that movie, and I found myself wondering what Yusuf Islam has been up to.  Did he still have the passion for music, and a spirit for peace?  I found this video on YouTube which answered my question.  It's from the 2006 Nobel celebration.

                   

No comments: